The end of summer is creeping closer as everyone mentions going back to school, the weather gets colder, and the sun suddenly disappears here in Portland.
.sigh.
I love summer. the bike rides. the hikes. the pool parties (if you're lucky enough to find an outdoor pool in Orgeon). swimming in the river. fishing. farmer's markets. camping. opening your windows at night. running in the early morning.
The changing colors of leaves is all a lie--you look at how pretty it is, enjoy the crisp air and the fact that it's jacket season, relax with the falling leaves, and then...BAM! It's winter and you'll never get another ounce of sunshine 'til April. Oh the trickery.
I usually like winter. snow. snowmobiling. skiing. snowboarding. snow tubing. bon fires. getting Christmas trees. wood burning stoves. sledding. making donuts in the empty church parking lot.
Not so in Portland. 6 months straight of rain and bad hair days. I guess I have a few more months to get over it and do some last minute summer things like bike down Mt. Hood and hike through Ape Cave!
2 comments:
Well, then you'll just have to hit up a trip to Utah...we have the "greatest snow on Earth", in case you were wondering. Ya, I think 6 straight months of rain would piss me off too!
You can swim in my out door pool. Its open for a couple more weeks. Snowboarding on Mt. Hood is awesome too. You should go. It is pretty cheap if you go night skiing. And how can you forget the 10+ inches of snow we had last year;) (I hate snow unless I am snowmobiling or snowboarding. Its useless otherwise). At least in Portland you don't have to freeze your butt off. Thats how I feel anyway.
Post a Comment