Four weeks ago we bought a 3rd car.
Yes.
A 3rd car.
If you really wanna know: Both our cars have been registered in Wyoming since we've been married, because technically we've been students and you're exempt from some rule that says if you live in "where ever", your car needs to be registered in "where ever". Well, not where ever...you know what I mean. Since, we moved to Vegas, neither of us are students, we do reside here, and we do work here. So, register our cars we must. But one big problem--Michael's car won't pass emissions, and it's pretty much on it's last leg. 300,000 miles is a long way for such a little Jetta. It would cost a couple thousand to fix. In hind sight...we maybe should have done that.
The "new" car was also a Jetta. We'll call it a lemon, so we mustn't get confused between old Jetta and "new" Jetta. Said lemon has spent the last few weeks in the shop having his transmission rebuilt.
Today was the day we were to get it back! I was so excited. I even made plans to go grocery shopping even though I didn't need to, just for the sake of shopping during daylight. Then, maybe we would hit the library and even the park.
We went together to get the car, and it wasn't done! We waited, and waited, and waited, and then, proceeded to pay them out the wazoo for all this. (What's a wazoo anyway?)
Michael, who was already late for work, took the lemon, and I drove home in the Corolla. I was almost home when he called from a gas station saying the car won't start. All this is 2 hours past nap time, mind you, and Michael's boss is calling him saying patients are backing up. I pick up Michael, drop him off at work, go back to the gas station to give the key to the mechanic, and finally head home to put exhausted baby to sleep.
I guess if we didn't have days/times like these, maybe we wouldn't appreciate the really good days. Here's hoping to have our car back by Thanksgiving!
And since a post is oober boring without a picture...
"What? Is there something on my face?!"
3 comments:
sghbsfgnsfg
That stinks! We had the same issue with our used car Justin's parents bought us. We spent more on repairs than his parents paid for it, and had to repay them too. We try not to think of all the things we could've done with all that money. Sigh.
I just love that she is a little blondie, and still looks like you. Cute pics.
Post a Comment