We packed up our Jetta on Friday to enjoy a weekend in California with the Barnette's (they got an awesome deal on some zoo tickets). We got outside of Primm, NV when our car started to die. We pulled off on the exit to Searchlight...and had to turn around. We barley made it the 70 miles back home since our car would lose power going over any sort of long hill and would completely die if we got under 20mph. Needless to say, I almost peed my pants when our car died on the freeway going past the Vegas strip. Luckily, the car started back up after all the times it quit...and luckily, and most importantly, we did make it home!
Saturday morning we gave the trip another shot in the Corolla. We made it to the zoo by noon. Scarlett got out of the car and wouldn't stop asking to "see an-mows" (see animals). We rode the zoo tour bus and every time we'd see an an-mow..."touch it? touch it?"
Capybaras are my FAVORITE!
Cheetah!
Me: No, why?
Michael: Because there were too many cheetahs!
*lame joke laughs*
Bethany: Did you read that off a popsicle stick?
Michael: No, I think it was a laffy taffy actually.
Scarlett loved the elephants...mostly because they were big enough to see.
Most of the time Scarlett had more fun swinging on all the railings rather than looking at the animals.
Trying to get a picture in front of the pandas. Key word: trying. Scarlett was about done at this point in the day. Or should I say we were done at this point in the day...
Giraffes. Really cool...until one drinks the other one's pee and then dribbles it out of it's mouth.
We rode the aerial tram thingy. "Fying!" (flying)
Sterling going in for a kiss. And Scarlett happily accepting.
Last stop: petting zoo.
Can you tell that Scarlett loved this goat?
Her hand never left it's back....
We covered almost the entire zoo in 6 hours. Waking up at 6 in the morning, driving 5 hours, and zoo-ing for 6 hours makes for a very tired Scarlett.
It was a quick trip, I sweated off a good gallon, and Scarlett may or may not have had just as much fun at Petsmart, but it was nice to have a change of scenery and do something other than sit in our air conditioned house watching movies.
Oh, yeah...we have two kids huh? August was an awesome little guy...as long as we packed him around everywhere. And when I say we, I mean me. Yes, I was there too. We have photo evidence (one measly picture), but because of it I started Jillian Michael's 30 day shred yesterday.
No comments:
Post a Comment