Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Possibly Switching to Target

Well, my computer is acting up and deciding to not turn on properly (I am using Michael's right now), so the rest of the Hawaii trip will have to wait ( I have no idea where Michael saved the pictures on his computer).

But I did want to tell you about my wonderful trip I had today to Walmart. I go in for just a few items--onions, mushrooms (but they didn't even have any), strawberries, and milk. I get what I can find and head to the registers. As usual, not many are open for how many people needed to check out. The lines were hugely long, so I try to get behind someone with a few things and not many produce items.

WOO! I find a register with one person with a handful of non-produce items. I walk to the conveyor belt and look for a divider doohicky thing. Of course, there wasn't one. I leave a good foot and a half gap and lay my items down. Then, the oh-so-polite lady in front of me stops checking out her items (self check-out), turns around, stares me in the face and says, "Did I invite you?"

Me-- Uhhh, excuse me?

Crazy Old Woman--You want me to pay for your stuff? Is that why you put your stuff up here? I'm not paying for your stuff!

Me--What?! No...I am paying for my own things... (I was so confused at what she was talking about)

COW--My things are here, I didn't invite you here. (She continues to stare me in the face like I tried to steal her purse until I removed my items from the conveyor belt)

Ouch. I didn't know it was a crime to put your check-out items next to someone else's. So, I awkwardly pick up and hold my gallon of milk, 4lbs. of frozen strawberries, and bag of onions and wait until I get my "invitation" to be able to set my things down. She takes her time finishing paying, and I slam my things down in the exact spot I had put them before.

COW after she's gotten her bags, turns back to me--When someone's using a table, you don't just go and sit down do you? No one invited you.

Me--What are you talking about!? This is a grocery store conveyor belt, more than one person uses it at a time! When was the last time you've been to a grocery store! Ugh, you are so rude!

I wouldn't let her get a word in, so she walked away very offended.

The COW is about 5'6", long gray hair, probably owns many cats, Provo-Orem area. Ye be warned of the COW. She's out there, and she'll give you the eye if you use her conveyor belt.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

hahaha!!!! thats funny!!! i hate rude people, but they make good stories!!!

Gayle said...

Oh my goodness! Some people just have no common sense about them. I read your story to Julie (Baker) and Brian this morning -- we all got a good laugh!

Little Megs said...

As I was reading the story I kept thinking, "I can't believe Julie didn't say something back to this dumb lady! Julie doesn't let people get away with being rude!" But in typical fashion, you came through in the end! I should have known you wouldn't disappoint. Way to go telling her off! People are stupid.

Marisha said...

Hahaha! That's soooooo funny! I love it! Ps your pictures look amazing, I'm so jealous you got to head to Hawaii! (:

Jamie said...

oh my goodness! You're nice to just call her a cow. I'd have other names for a person like her!