Saturday, August 16, 2008

Summer Stuff

We're in Las Vegas right now, melting away in the 110 degree weather. Kevin, our newest nephew, had his baby blessing last Sunday.
As you can tell, Michael enjoys Kevin. He really likes babies. The pressure is on...and from more than just him... Who knows, this could be us in a few years.

Michael can't wait to go back to Star Valley and get out of this heat, but I'd rather stay here. Hmph...compromise compromise. My parents have had him busily working on the Harry Potter room (he cut through a wall into some dead space and made a small storage room under the stairs) and both of their cars.

Here's some random pictures from this summer for the lack of anything better to post.

Olivia enjoying the water from the hose (as she sits in a puddle that an electrical cord is running through..)Fatty sandwich for such a small girl. This was at SevenPeaks a few weeks ago. Michael worked for the guy that owned the place so we got free tickets and took some family.
My birthday! With my awesome cake I made. A lot of people think it's sad that I make my own birthday cake, but for me it's sort of a tradition...I have been doing it since I was 12.

My license also expired on my birthday, and we didn't have a chance to renew it until we moved back to Wyoming. On our move up, Michael was exhausted and we were afraid he was going to fall asleep, so we switched drivers. I was driving for all of 5 minutes. The first time I have ever been pulled over I had an expired license. Great. I wasn't speeding, but my window tint is illegal in Utah (but not Nevada where it's licensed). I guess he figured he may get a drug bust or something with the suspicious dark tint and a paranoid driver that brakes around cops. He only found the two of us, and we were totally upfront about the license so he was nice and let us go!
And the newest addition to our family...Puinea! ("penny") Our guinea pig. She really enjoys grass hay, lettuce, carrots, back massages, and long walks on the beach. This was a bit of an early birthday gift for me. I have wanted a guinea pig for so long. While I was visiting in Las Vegas when Kevin was born, a family in my parents' ward was giving away this darling thing for free! Cage and all.Playing around with Jared's kids...




Shooting with Dad. I got the 10 (bullseye) at 10 yards. Don't try to rob our house!



The end.

5 comments:

Gayle said...

That is an awesome birthday cake! I need to get some pointers from you (my kids always want me to do fancy cakes like that for their birthdays). Do you make up your own designs or get ideas/directions from the Internet somewhere?

Ashley said...

love the birthday cake! loved all the pictures! they were soo cute! that baby was so adorable!

Jordan & Heather Wong said...

i love ur birthday cake u always make them adorable!! im sad that we all are growing up and moving away!! i hope that one holiday we all will be in town so that we can get together!!! hope u are liking wyoming!

Little Megs said...

Ok, 1. your birthday cake is awesome, 2. yay, another cute kid from Jared, and 3. I'm sad you're moving. Bye. Oh wait, I'll see you this weekend. So here's another fake goodbye!

Marisha said...

i remember you making your own cake and being so weirded out by that. you haven't changed one bit. second, penny is dang cute. and lastly, yes google may own blogger but it's the cool blog site julie, i can't go to the uncool site. that would be awkward for me.