I was so sad when I couldn't take the job I have now at JCP Portrait Studio that when I did get I was super excited. Now...not so much. After 3 days and learning the inner workings of this slave trade, I have no respect for studios anymore. You definitely don't get what you pay for and my first day I worked 10 hours with only a 30 minute break (which by the way is illegal). You get 10 minutes of pictures (which is only about 15 photographs to choose from...so if you do individuals of your kids and then all of you together...that leaves you with about 3 of each kind of picture to choose from). All this will run you $10 a person (even if you don't buy any pictures) plus the $150 for prints that really aren't that great, but you feel obligated to buy something.
I applied to be a photographer, but so far I have been a salesperson, receptionist, and babysitter. I finally touched the camera for the first time yesterday. I haven't really ever had a crappy job--now I really know that it's not worth how you feel when you go home to have a crappy job. I might quit after this week if I can get another job. We'll see.
1 comment:
Bummer! If you still lived in Provo, I'd hire you to be my live-in photographer! :)
Post a Comment