I was sound asleep Sunday morning until Michael lovingly shook me half to death and said, "Guess what?!!"
"..whut..." as I wiped eyeboogies from my tearducts.
"It's Christmas!"
I sleep pretty dang good-I actually consider myself quite talented in the area of sleeping-but I am not that good! "..uh..what? no it's not..."
Michael was as giddy as a school boy. "But it is snowing outside!!"
"hmm...hopefully they'll cancel church!" I said very sarcastically, but I did have my hopes up.
I try to go back to sleep, although it was already 9 o'clock in the morning. But to no avail. Another shaking came about a half hour later. "Church is cancelled!"
With enough snow to make things white, they really did cancel church! I was in shock, but I was so happy I didn't have to prepare a lesson! Yes, shoot me with lightning now, but however cute those kids are...and how much they make you laugh...they are tiring!
Not only was church cancelled, so were Michael's Monday finals! And today's finals! Tomorrow's weather doesn't look any better...maybe those finals will be cancelled too!
Besides the news sounding like the world is closing up and practically ending in the Northwest, not much else is going on. We just hope Saturday will be good enough weather to travel home for Christmas!
1 comment:
Yeah, and of all places for it to snow....VEGAS!! Wha??? I can't believe the insanity! We got about 10 inches here, but that is definitely not enough to cancel school, church or anything! It has to be at least 6 feet! Ha ha!
Post a Comment