Friday, January 2, 2009

I's gonna git me some pigs


We've spent our Christmas break in good'ol Star Valley, Wy-O-min'. Not much has happened, but today we finally got some action when some renegade animals tried to escape. We looked out the window, and sure enough four 300 lb. pigs were waltzing down the road.

Of course, at noon I am still in my PJ's, so Michael goes to try to lure them back into "storage" while I get all dressed up for such a special occasion. A truck comes down the road and stops. The pigs got so scared! One peed right there on the road while the others ran all the way back to their pen.

Not really...that's what should've happened though. Instead, they walked up to the truck, smelled the bumper, smelled the tires, they would've smelled the driver if they could have. By the time I got outside, the four beasts still hadn't been wrangled. There was Michael, Maison (nephew-in-law), Brandon (brother-in-law), and me--four people to four pigs, but so far they were winning.

Brandon's weapon of choice was a rake, Michael had food, Maison had...well nothing really...he just wanted to wrestle one, and I had my...wit. I also got left all alone with the last pig! I told him...hmm I guess it was a her....she was stupid, because all her friends were on the other side of the road and had food. With sheer brilliance and maybe a little chasing I got the pig to it's safe shelter. All by myself.

Now I can cross off "be a pig herder" from my list of things to do before I die.

3 comments:

Jordan & Heather Wong said...

lol i know i missed seeing u!! but i got to sit next to ur parents during sacrament! it was nice to see them!! when will be the next time u guys come down? i hope u guys are having fun out there sure does sound like u are! haha

Haley and Jon said...

Your blog is cute. I kind of feel like a stocker. Sorry.

Haley and Jon said...

And yes, I spelled stalker wrong. Oops