I have been working on designing a baby book for my etsy store, which I have highly neglected for the last couple of months--yikes! I have had several requests/suggestions to make them and would like to finally get this done.
I have most of the pages laid out, but I would like your input since I have obviously never filled one of these things out! Child-ful and child-free people alike, what have been your favorite baby book pages, what would you think would be good that wasn't in yours, or what good ideas have you seen? Any ideas welcome!
4 comments:
There's so much! But one thing I always save...and it may be wierd to some, is a lock of hair from my baby's first haircut. My mom did it too and it's sweet. It'd be cute to have a little envelope or something like that in the book. Too bad I'm done having babies, or I'd love one...but I have lots of friends having them!
I wish my baby book had room for ultrasound pictures. I have 12 (I know that's a lot!) ultrasound pics from Camden, and I just glued them in on the front and back covers. Also, being LDS, I would like a page that says who the churhc leaders are--like first presidency and 12 apostles, bishop, stake president, etc. I also love how my book has a page for both 'mommy' and 'daddy' to write a letter to the baby. Good luck! (I could give you more suggestions if you want them. Just leave a message on my blog or here...I'll check back in a few days.)
A page with a column for each age, weight, and height so you can record it all in one place.
This is random, but I've had a really hard time finding a book appropriate for adopted children. I found some for internationally adopted kids, and some for older adoptions, but none that really fit our situation. You might make it an option for people to request that. I can e-mail you what I eventually came up with. Also, I like in Emma's book how there's a page on each of her birthdays, but I wish it had space to journal a little more about her as she grown. So, on each birthday have fill-ins for what she wants to be when she grows up, favortie color, food, etc. It's fun to see the changes over the years.
Post a Comment