Sunday, August 22, 2010

fart

I needed something big for the wall in our family room. It needed to be cheap. Oh, and it also had to match our blue and orange thing going on. I liked this piece from Target. But for $70...I don't think so...


So, I got to thinking (a very dangerous task I might add) and paint samples are free, right? Lowe's must love me. I stole 200+ of these guys. But is it really stealing if they are free?

I haven't used my old drawing board in oh, 3 years? It was already framed (so it wouldn't warp when wet. Eh, nevermind...it's too long of an explanation). Paint chips + old drawing board + spray glue + sandpaper + paint
= Free Art.

Or Fart, as Michael would call it.

8 comments:

Francesca said...

So jealous of your creativity. Where do these cool ideas come from?

Valerie said...

Julie- u are so creative and thrifty- i envy your can do attitude, sadly as
Lee will confirm- I wld have spent the 70 dollars. perhaps i need lessons from u in frugality. :) Nice work- i think yours looks better too!

Brandon and Bethany said...

Rad.

Amy and Woody said...

i think that's the coolest thing ever!! You are so creative i love it

Jamie said...

I love me some fart!! You're the best Julie...why don't you move out here to Utah and we'll get together and fart :) ha ha!

Sabby said...

Wow, so this is what Whitney was talking about, I love it! I almost want to try it myself, almost, I am not creative like that! Awesome job!

the Dunkleys said...

Such a good idea!!!

Exuberant Chaos said...

HI! I randomly saw your blog and love this! Did you ink each square or what did you do to make them aged? Let me know please!!! alexisabstract@live.com!!!

Lexy