Monday, December 13, 2010

i couldn't sleep last night.

I kept thinking about where we could get Puinea euthanized. Sad, I know.

Poor thing has been sick for the last week with a huge abscess on the side of her face. She wasn't eating, wasn't squeeking, wasn't doing much of anything actually.

We drained her abscess 2 days ago. We got 2 syringes full of nastiness.

I woke up this morning and told her to just die (in the most loving way, of course). I just didn't know what else to do for her. I can't even describe how sad she looked.

I went to run errands.

I came home today to a clean, empty cage sitting on our living room floor, and a hole already dug in the backyard. Did I tell you I had the best husband ever? Oh yeah...I did. Puinea did what I asked and passed away. We'll miss her around here.


I will miss Scarlett laughing hysterically at you running around the living room.
I'll miss kids coming over just to feed you.
I'll miss the way your ears flop when you run.
I'll miss how you get so excited over carrots.

Rest in Peace, Puinea Gig.

3 comments:

Brandon and Bethany said...

Seriously, I am so sad, I'm teary a little.

Puinea. Chandler will miss you.

Daniel and Chelsea said...

So, I started to choke up a bit! Puinea really will be missed. Just have to say though that I am glad we won't have to bury her during the break while you are gone though!

Crystal said...

Sorry for your loss! Seriously it's sucks to lose pets.