Tuesday, January 4, 2011

last christmas break

We'll have Christmas in later years, of course, but this is our last year we'll actually have a 2 week break. Since we've been married we've been students and have always had time off for the holidays. 2011 will bring lots of change.

I left on December 15 to visit my family in Las Vegas. Michael inched his way there by car a couple days later through some pretty bad weather.

Scarlett had fun visiting Great Grandma Nishimoto in the nursing home. The first thing Grandma said was, "That's my baby!" Since she has Alzheimer's, everyday she got to meet Scarlett again.

And everyday Scarlett loved it.


One day Grandma got to come home for a special dinner!
Clockwise starting top right: Scarlett and 1st cousin once removed, Eleanor. 4 generations of Nishimotos. Scarlett with my Auntie Erin and Great Auntie Elaine. I don't know where Mom was for the other picture--but all 4 generations of Nishimoto women.

The whole gang visited Grandma on Christmas Eve.

Christmas morning we opened presents in Las Vegas with my parents and Jello & Sarah. Jared & Kim (on the right in above photo) came a little later.

Scarlett didn't know what the heck was going on. She bounced from one toy to the next, and I was never quick enough to get a good picture of her.

 So we stuck her in a box. She was surprisingly quite content with it.

I got some pretty sweet gifts, but the funniest was this...
Count'em: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 singa-ma-jigs! We had some fun before returning a few. Santa (aka my sister Robbyn and Michael) sure came through this year!

Later Christmas day we headed to St. George to visit with Michael's parents. (Sorry Deanne, we never got a picture of you! I didn't even realize until I got home.)

Scarlett figured she'd rather visit with the sliding glass door.


We wanted to be in Portland for New Year's, but the weather kept us in St. George (good thing, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten those sweet jeans).  When we did eventually leave it was only 12 degrees! Brrr. 

We spent New Year's in Logan with Michael's Sister's family. Headed to Boise the next day, and made it back to Portland on Sunday--just in time for Michael to start school on Monday.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh, ha ha...you got your jeans in St. George! Makes sense now :) Glad Scarlet could cheer up Grandma a bit! Oh, and my blog is private...which is why it won't update in your feed. That's why I have two seperate link lists...one is for those who have private blogs and the other is for public. The private ones are a pain, because they don't update, so you have to just click on them and see if they've updated. I'm thinking about going public again, cuz it is such a pain...but until then...

Oh, and why is Matthew's name now Jello? Just curious...and I've wondered about it for a while.

Mel said...

those pics of scarlett against the sliding glass door are SOO cute!!

r said...

Oh no she's a window licker! JK. ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!

Brittany Creel Clinton said...

I can't get over how adorable Scarlett is. Goodness!

I love all the pictures of your family and the generations. That is so cool!

Eric & Penny Kunz Family said...

Baby is too cute!

Crystal said...

Nola is looking at your blog with me pointing to Scarlet saying "baby, Baby". She is so cute. Scarlet that is. Hope you are doing well. We miss ya.

Marianne said...

So cute! What a darling little girl. And it looks like she was a pretty happy traveler, too. Merry Christmas!