Monday, April 18, 2011

a year already

Scarlett had a birthday, shout hooray!

I thought 1 year was going to be so monumental. Like when you turn 18 or 21. But then you are 18, 21, 30, etc. and you don't feel any different like you think you will. Well, Scarlett doesn't feel any different either. Same happy baby as always. 

On her actual birthday we gave her her first loaded taste of sugar. She wasn't all that impressed. 


 She had more fun squishing the icing between her fingers.

We waited on the gifts for her party, but she did get some pretty cute big girl jammies after having an extra long bath (she still loves the bath, except getting her hair rinsed). I don't know how I feel about the PJ's. I miss the little feeties.

Going through my nightstand--one of her favorite hangouts.

...and squishing her fingers....

We finished the night watching Elmo. It's pretty sad when you ask her where something is, she acts like she has no idea what you're talking about. Ask her where Elmo is and she'll give you an Elmo book.

Scarlett at 12 months:
*She has become very liberal with her hugs and kisses (and slobber and boogers).
*She can carry on a "conversation". She babbles, you babble, she babbles back...
*Shakes her head "no" at very random times, especially when we talk about her.
*Points to EVERYTHING and says, "Da?" (interpreted as, "What's that?")
*Says bye, mama, dada, and possibly duck. I'm not sure yet if it's coincidence or not.
*Signs more.
*Favorite foods: whole wheat bread, cutie oranges, and cheese.
*Loves escaping from Dad and climbing the stairs when he's not watching.

3 comments:

Francesca said...

I can't believe she's one and I still haven't met her! Caden loves getting his hair rinsed!

Brittany Creel Clinton said...

She is SO cute, Julie! You take fantastic pictures. Happy birthday, sweet Scarlett!

Alana Tolley said...

Gotta love how you took a picture of her crying over her hand. Just shows how much a 1 year old's crisis really amounts to :)