Monday, May 28, 2012

Animal Excursion.

Me: Do you want to go see some animals?
Scarlett: WAAAA! (YEEAAHHH!)

So to see the animals we went.

We got a picnic lunch (subway) and headed on over to Gilcrease Nature Sanctuary, which was just a hop and a skip from where we live! At $5/adult (donation), I think it was worth it. It took us about an hour and a half to mosey around...and Scarlett didn't want to leave.

These were the "petting goats". I don't recommend going in. They are big. One jumped up on me like a starving dog trying to get my food. Then, I punched it in the face. Then, I chucked all my food as far as I could and got the heck out of there.

Awww. Baby duckies.

Sweet peacocks. There must have been a dozen of these guys.

....even an albino one.

Tortoise (bottom right corner).

Some black bird that semi resembles a chicken.

Ponies!

This llama didn't like us. Every time we got near it he'd give us an Elvis lip...

A NICE goat. If you want to see him, he's in with the donkeys which were my personal favorite.

Rolling down a hill after lunch.

Last stop. Ostriches. Have you ever seen these up close? Their eyes are ginormous (hey, blogger didn't underline "ginormous"), their plucked skin is just like a chicken's except 100 times bigger, and their feet were stolen from a T-Rex. Oh, and they poop super nasty.


Okay, I lied. We stopped back by this cockatoo because I wanted to take him home, and Scarlett was fascinated that they could talk.

The first time we saw this guy....
Michael: Did that bird just ask me, "What's the matter?"
Julie: I don't know.
Michael: I swear it did! It said, "What's the matter?"
Cockatoo: Hello.
Julie: Hello? Are you okay?
Cockatoo: What's the matter?

When we got home I asked Scarlett if it was fun seeing all the animals. All she said was, "Birdie. Poopoo. Yucky." Apparently the ostrich pooping made a pretty big impact! 


1 comment:

Jordan & Heather Wong said...

how fun!! lets go tgether next time i am in town!! miss u!