Monday, June 18, 2012

little picaso


Besides dressing up, Scarlett loves to draw! She came into the kitchen one night as I was making dinner super proud of this...

There are faces! I thought it might be an accident until she started drawing sad-faced "poops" at my parents' house last night.

She drew this one today, so I asked her who everyone was.
Michael and I are fairly obvious, but Scarlett drew herself HUGE! She must think she's pretty dang important! If you can't tell, her eyes are on either side of Michael and her mouth is the big line above my head. 

Then, it was my "turn". Scarlett can be quite the boss. She had me draw everyone (I have to say, my upside down stick figure drawing skills are quite superb. Minus the fact that I have 6 fingers in this picture). I had her draw the baby. He even has arms and legs! And I think he's sleeping...

 These little faces just brighten my day!

Mini baby update: 38 weeks along on Wednesday! I was measuring 40 weeks at 36/37 weeks, so I have an ultrasound tomorrow to find out why (baby is big or maybe too much amniotic fluid). Hopefully by Wednesday we'll have a date for when I'll be induced! But baby will be here no later than July 2, my Dr. is going out of town for the Fourth! Only 2 weeks left of life with one baby. Yikes!

3 comments:

Daniel and Chelsea said...

I wonder where Scarlett could get her artistic skills from? I am so jealous that you are so close to delivering! Aim for the 26 though, that is a good day to have a kid! Good luck!

Mel said...

wow i didnt realize how far along you are!! youre about to pop any second- congrats!!

Unknown said...

Yay! I love her drawings. And yours. You both will be the most talented artists. ;)