I am totally an app widow. Michael has found a new game that he has played for hours every night. It's some car thing, and I think it's filling his lack-of-snowmobiling-since-having-kids void. So, naturally we stay up far past bed time...thus, I have time to blog!
We made the crazy drive to Wyoming for Thanksgiving this year! Michael came home from work at 6:30 the night before Turkey Day, we packed up the van (yes, you heard me right...van) with all of our stuff a bunch of kid crap, and drove through the night.
We arrived bright and early before dawn and completely exhausted. Stopping and sleeping was somewhere in our plan of driving all night, but both Littles were asleep. I would rather have woken a sleeping bear than disturb any semblance of peace and quiet.
Anywho.
Grandma's house has chickens!
Scarlett fed them pancakes (made with their own eggs...) and every time I make pancakes now...
S: "For chickens?"
Me: "No, we don't have chickens."
S: "Go find them?"
M: "No, we don't have chickens. They are at Grandma's."
S: "Go find Grandma's?"
M: "Grandma lives in Wyoming. That's really far away."
S: "I go find it."
Day after Thanksgiving tradition of chopping down Christmas trees! We didn't get one. Just wanted to be part of the party.
Scarlett LOVED the snow! Olivia taught her the fine art of eating it. Side story- for Thanksgiving we had such a large crowd (I believe the count was 48) we reserved the church. Scarlett and her cousin Zoey were playing with the drinking fountain in the foyer. Or that's what we assumed. They were found locked outside for who knows how long, all wet from the fountain, and coatless. I asked Scarlett why she would go outside by herself: "Wanted to touch the snow."
Saturday was the parade of lights.
Feeding Arrow with Grandma.
And we had to get one picture in before we left of August with Grandma Carol.
It was great to see family and share not only time, but germs too. :) We've been passing around a cold that has now gotten to August. Poor guy sounds like baby Darth. And HOLY MIDNIGHT. I need to get some shut eye before the natives awaken me with cries of boogers and hunger. Yeah, Bye. The End. Whatev.
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment