Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Egg Huntin'


Michael was gone all Saturday helping someone move, so I dyed Easter eggs with Scarlett. Michael always hated it anyways. And Scarlett LOVES it!

Fast forward to Saturday night. 10pm. Scarlett comes out of her room and August is still crying.


S: Mom? I want a torie (story)
M: No, Scarlett! Go to bed!
S: I want a monser torie.
M: Okay. Fine. Once upon a time there was a naughty little monster who wouldn't go to bed. Then, the next day the Easter Bunny didn't come. The End.

Michael asked me later why she went to bed so sad mumbling something about how mommy hurt her feelings and the Easter Bunny. Oops.

She also woke up Sunday morning really sad that the Easter Bunny wasn't at our house (she thought he was coming for a visit). But sure enough, he came while we were at church! Scarlett was SO excited!


 



Sad attempt at a family picture mid-day, camera on the grill, Scarlett's already stuffing her face with candy, and August wants a nap. Oh the memories we'll have.


No comments: