Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Grease Monkey

When I think I need a project to work on, I think, "Oh, I'll go to JoAnn's and make a pillow." When Michael thinks he needs a project to work on he thinks, "I'm going to buy an Audi." 

So, he does.

His dream when our kids get to be driving age (or years before since that's how long it'll take) is to have them rebuild the car they are going to drive. That's their right of passage to drive. Poor poor Scarlett is going to know more about cars than her future husband. Yeah, that's you Chandler.

 It's not very often you marry a doctor, a mechanic, a mountain climber, a carpenter, a computer wiz, a repairman, a do-everything-yourself-er and they all happen to be the same person.
What can I say, I'm a lucky girl...

...and the owner of 4 cars. No, you didn't count wrong. There are only 2 drivers in this house.

And this is not one of them.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That a boy Mike!

Alana Tolley said...

Michael is pretty much a masculine hunk in that manly "DIY" way. It must be something you have to learn as a child, cause goodness knows, I'll be paying other people to repair my cars all my life.

Brandon and Bethany said...

At least Scarlett will know what to do when Chandler is like, "Uhhhh." Also, because you guys will always live close to us, we will always have Mike to fix our cars!

Francesca said...

That's really good! I wish I knew more about basic car maintenance and repair.