We took a quick jaunt down to California with the Barnette's and Wach's for the 3 day weekend (and took a whole week's worth of pictures). I was expecting everything to be crazy busy (because, you know...we were going to be there...) but it was awesome! (I love needless parentheses).
We spent some time at the beach...
Scarlett was the same age as August when she was introduced to the beach.
However, August wasn't quite as timid. But it also wasn't as cold as Oregon!
August went body boarding.
Then, turned into this malnutritioned neckless pygmy. I promise he eats.
August's favorite was finding rocks and throwing them in the ocean. He'd try to find them where they landed but got really confused when they weren't there anymore.
My thighs finally met the sun for what seems like the first time all summer.
Stop looking at my thighs.
Scarlett did a little boogie boarding.
But the nervous nellie decided it was more fun to just pull the boogie board.
We chilled at the pool. Which I highly recommend after going to the beach...no sand in your car!
When looking at the picture Scarlett said, "That shark is eating my snacks!"
August learned how to jump in the pool...and I found out I make crazy ugly faces...
August was apparently thirsty. He was sucking the chlorine out of his tube. *barf*
Monday we beach clubbed and paddle boated it up.
This sweet guy was so tuckered out.
How come having fun is so much work? I was so tired Monday night I woke up in the middle of the night on the couch. I definitely fell asleep in bed and have no recollection of how I got on the couch.
The weekend was that good.
.jpg)

.jpg)


2 comments:
Looks like a great trip!
I love us.
Post a Comment