Thursday, October 24, 2013

Fall is here!

I am loving this fall weather! We had a "cold snap" so we actually had to break out the jackets. The shoe thing we're working on...


 August is just a few days shy of 16 months. 2 months until nursery! He doesn't even talk yet! Except for "woah" and "ball". Every so often we'll get a mama and daa (still missing the "d" at the end). He signed a whole sentence once though! "Eat more, please." And if he's thirsty he'll bring you a cup and lead you to the fridge. 

August is just such a different creature than Scarlett. He loves balls, has monster feet, wants to ride everything, gives the best hugs, blows raspberries on everything (couch, your arm, anyone laying on the floor...), is blanky particular, and is super awkward. He will just stand and stare at people. No smile. No waving back. Nothing. Maybe I'm the one that's awkward...hmm.


August is also a pro climber. He looks even more pro when people at the park think he's less than a year old...poor guy is tiny. But not tiny enough to give his sister a hard time. He's definitely starting to stand his own.



Scarlett is our wolf in sheep's clothing. She looks all sweet and innocent, but man, she's a trouble maker! Can't you see it coming through in that smirk? 
Just this last week I gave her a small bucket of water to play in. August came inside soaking wet. Since August was then naked and her pants were wet, she wanted to play naked too. I made her keep her underwear on, but next thing I know I'm double taking it out the sliding glass door to a naked Scarlett sitting in the back of the cozy coupe. 

Me: Scarlett!! GET YOUR UNDERWEAR ON!!
S (5 min later walking inside): I need to wipe.
M: What?!
S: I need to wipe.
M: Were you peeing in the cozy coupe!
S: Yeah....

Yes. She peed in the "trunk" of the cozy coupe. My offspring are disgusting.

Scarlett is 3 1/2. Besides being super naughty, she loves princesses, singing, singing what she is doing, peeling garlic, swinging herself at the park (this is HUGE...even as a baby she hated swings!), pretending monsters are using the potty, putting on makeup, cutting paper into cute things then continues on to make confetti, her stuffed giraffe buddy and her my little pony Pinky Pie, drawing, coloring, and baking anything resembling a cupcake.

I don't know how people have insane amounts of children without ripping out their eyeballs. 

Two is good. 

Two is...perfect.


2 comments:

Mel said...

oh my gosh that is hilarious she peed in the car! kids are just gross

Francesca said...

I agree about kids! I might have more than 2, but always spaced out. Good thing they're cute!