The day started for me at 5am. I had an art history essay test at 8:30am. I needed to study right before so I could perform my typical academic bulemia. If I prepare a study guide a couple days in advance and then study right before the test I remember a whole lot more. I binge on all the information right before to just go and barf it all back out onto paper. I think I did well.
Summer rains are nice, you get to go splash around in puddles and frolic or whatnot. After a little Utah teaser of nice weather...rain...cold rain. The mountains got 6 inches of snow! I leave the wet BYU campus to get some sleep.
With all this rain business going on I was hoping my 9pm softball game would get cancelled. 4 o'clock rolls around, and I have got to head to class--no rain, but it was still muggy and bitterly cold. Of course at 9 it shows no signs of raining, but everything is still soaking wet and since the sun went down, even colder.
I am playing right field, honestly because balls don't usually go right field (the last time I played was in 3rd grade & that was tee ball!). I stand there ready for anything to come my way, trying not to focus on how my toes were going numb. Even if a ball came to me I don't know if my fingers would have defrosted in time.
If you've ever seen our team play, we're kind of a joke. We have a select few who actually know what they're doing and the ball ironically hardly ever goes their way. A ball flies up and heads straight for 2nd base. She goes for it, but it speeds past between her legs on back to me. I make a run for it and end up sliding on the wet grass. It was a pretty pathetic sight, but a very memorable game. (It was better than Tuesday night's game when we didn't have a pitcher and no one else knew how to pitch. We practically handed them the game.)
I was hoping the end of the game would come, because that meant we could get it our car, crank up the heat, and drive to our warm home! I bid my team mates farewell and start walking over to the parking lot with Michael. We parked in front of GoldDesign because it's way closer to the field we were playing on than the field parking lot. We round the corner and no car! For a moment I think I may have been mistaken about where we parked. I look to the rest of the parking lot, and I realize our car was really gone. A woman asks us if we are looking for our car, points, and tells us to talk to "him". We look beyond her car to a man towing another car. Crap. I almost would have rather had it stolen than pay him. Supposedly, the lot was for current customers only and no after hours parking--this was all on an 11x17 sign practically in fine print (no one can read that unless they stopped, got out of their car, and walked up to it to read it) as you enter the parking lot.
The tow guy is dealing with other "customers", we're freezing, and I have to pee; so we go to Burger Supreme to enjoy the bathroom, a shake and fries, but not all at the same time of course. We eat, but I am still bitter. We walk about a mile to the towing place, mind you it is still freezing outside, and make the sacrifice of $121 to free my poor Corolla. Now I am home telling you about it. That was a long story. Good night.
1 comment:
ugh!! that stinks!!! funny though! your barfing reference was nasty!
Post a Comment