Sunday, May 25, 2008

Smoothies!

Michael and I have practically lived on smoothies. This is an awesome recipe that you can alter and make completely new.

1 cup milk
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1/8-1/4 cup sugar
2 cups frozen strawberries (12-15 strawberries)
8 ice cubes (but depending on the kind of ice you have, this can vary a lot)

put it all in your blender and yum!

Sometimes I switch out milk for juice/nectar (in this case don't add any sugar), change up the flavor of yogurt, add frozen raspberries/blackberries/bananas (which a little goes a long way!). You can buy pre-frozen fruit (Dole has huge bags of strawberries at the grocery store and at SAM's), but since all the good fruit is coming in season, freeze fresh stuff...it's way better.

2 comments:

Jordan & Heather Wong said...

mmm we make smoothies all the time!! sometimes if you had more fruit its yummy or if you add ice cream instead of the yogurts its more yummy hha. I thought it was kirtland too but its not least thats how everyone spells it out here? where are u guys living now?

Gayle said...

Hey Julie & Michael! I'm so glad you've started a blog -- then we can keep track of what you're up to once you head up to the Northwest. How fun to have a Hawaii trip this summer! And CONGRATS on both of you graduating -- that is a big accomplishment!