Monday, September 22, 2008

We're Moving

Again. For the third time in four months. Portland, Oregon here we come!

Michael is going to Western States Chiropractic College for his Doctorate, and I am going to...well, I don't know yet! I am looking for a job (hopefully in the graphic design area)...so, if you have any suggestions on where to look that would be greatly appreciated. I have been looking on Craigslist, but my only problem is so many places want people with tons of experience, something I am looking to get.

We haven't found an apartment/house yet either, so we're going up a week early (we're leaving on Thursday and orientation is the next Thursday). We've been looking for the past 2 months or so, but can't seem to pre-pay for something we've never seen.

Besides getting ready to move again, I have been making a quilt for our bed and taking random pictures (which I would post, but the connection here is too slow for so much picture uploading). I got my quilt back from being quilted, and the only thing I have left to do is bind it (woohoo!). Too bad my sewing machine is no longer in operation. I only have a little more to do and it pooped out on me! hmph. It's at a "repair shop" right now (if you can call a 96-year-old man's house a repair shop). I am hoping it can't be fixed (or is too expensive to fix), because I already have one picked out that I want to get.I should really be more worried about my laptop that still doesn't turn on, but I'm not. I am kind of angry with it and want to leave it outside for a skunk to poop on. That'll teach it a lesson. I sent it in to get it fixed, just for it to come back in the same condition.

Thank you for letting me vent. I'll let you know when we've moved into our super-cute apartment, and I'll tell you about my super-awesome job. Till then, toodles.

3 comments:

Gayle said...

Good luck! It sounds like you guys are experts at moving, so hopefully it won't be too stressful for you, although going to a brand new place far away always seems to add a certain level of stress. We'll be anxious to hear some updates from Portland!

Ashley said...

Good luck with the move!! cant wait to see pictures of your new place!! you are already getting old if you are excited about a sewing machine :) good luck!!!

Little Megs said...

Hey I'm at the same stage on my quilt too! You know, the one I've been working on for 2 years? yep that's the one--still working on it :)