
After a whole lesson of interruptions about batman, spiderman, etc...
me: Would Jesus fight bad guys or would he forgive them?
kid: No, he wouldn't fight them because Jesus doesn't have swords or guns.
* * *
me: What are you drawing? Who is that?
kid: That is Jesus. And this is me down here. I am a ninja saving Jesus.
kid: That is Jesus. And this is me down here. I am a ninja saving Jesus.
* * *
During singing time a teacher kept tying a sunbeam's shoes and he kept untying them. He never got mad at his teacher (which I would've expected because he was obviously flustered), but he did raise his hand to the chorister to say, "Can I keep my shoes untied? 'Cause it'll be easier to take'em off when I get home." We still had 1.5 hours of church left! Same kid later the same day, "I just can't stop yawning because I am SO tired!" We had just switched to the 9am schedule.
* * *
A kid asked the primary president who was wearing dark nylons, "Why are your legs brown?"
* * *
During sharing time the teacher was explaining a story from the Bible and somewhere in her explanation she said "captives". The story goes on, she asks a question to the group, picks on a kid with his hand raised, to get this response, "Did you say cactus? Because I swear you said cactus."
* * *
And now this week's favorite quote! We had made our class these pictures where Joseph Smith is on the bottom of the page and Jesus and Heavenly Father are up above. BUT if you pull a string they come down to visit Joseph Smith, thus, reinacting the first vision. As I show one of our kids how it works he recreates his own version of the first vision. As he pulls the string, instead of saying "this is my beloved son" etc. he introduces Joseph to the two descending by saying (in the best Elvis impersonation ever), "Hey...I'm Jesus."
I freaking love being a primary teacher.
I freaking love being a primary teacher.
2 comments:
SOOO funny -- I love Primary!
o my gosh i freaking love little kids and their innocence! miss u t ons!
Post a Comment