Monday, June 8, 2009

Goal # 42...CHECK

I grew an avocado tree from an avocado I bought at the store!! I put the pit in a pot and watered it for...a couple months (? it was a dang long time!) before it sprouted. He's about a foot tall now and has graduated from my kitchen window to the great outdoors. And in 5 years, maybe we'll have an avocado! (Thanks, Jamie, for the collage idea).


Here's our backyard garden that we're growing with our neighbors, the Barnette's. We've got pumpkins, radishes, spinach, cantaloupe, watermelon, peas, beans, carrots, 3 kinds of tomatoes, 1 cucumber plant, jalepenos, bell peppers, walla walla onions, strawberries, lettuce, an acorn squash plant (the one that used to be in my window), and one happy guard gnome.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

All I can say is, I wish I had the time...

Gayle said...

Love the pictures, wish I had your green thumb!