Tuesday, January 12, 2010

over 2800 miles, 6 states, 40 driving hours, and 1 dead cat later

We're back home!! Here's our "captain's log" of our journey.

We started off from Portland the Saturday before Christmas.

Spent a day in Star Valley, WY and got to see Olivia get her head stuck. Who says tv isn't educatuonal? Livvy is shouting "Ayúdame", which means "Help me" in Spanish. She learned it from Dora. Hilarious! --at least we think so...


Provo, UT was our next stop to visit Chino (Michael's Korean friend) and had the best Kimchi Chigae ever at Taste of Corea. It was so good we went there on our way back home to Portland.
We spent the night in St. George with Michael's ~95-year-old grandma.


Tuesday, we finally made it to Las Vegas! Sadly, we brought our video camera AND our camera but hardly used either! Argh!


My lovely mother threw me a baby shower while we were there since it would be our last time visiting Vegas before our little mini comes.

I made my own cake. I love it. I kept the baby bum. -Yeah, I made that too.


Seriously, Baby H will be the best dressed in town thanks to all the lovely ladies that were able to come!

May favorite little coat! If it came in my size, I'd wear it.
Games.
Aunty Elaine and Grandma.We do have a name for our mini...but we're not telling. Really, we've had a name since before we officially found out it was a girl. I guess you'll have to wait another 3 months to find out! Muahahaha!


We also visited with the fam. Actually that was more a part of our break, but I don't have any pictures to prove it. We played some black light mini golf (below...1 of the 2 pictures I took), ate more than a person should eat in a year, and played tons of games. It was awesome!


I loved visiting family, but I am so glad to be home to my nice comfy bed!

4 comments:

Sonja said...

Julie, your baby bum is adorable. I love it!
Auntie S.

Francesca said...

Wow, what a cake! I love the color.

Gayle said...

Your cakes are always so amazing! Loved the video of Livvie -- so funny!
Did our package ever find its way to you in Vegas?
And what's up with the dead cat in the title?

Jamie said...

I love the cake...so cute! You're amazing! Do you ever watch Cake Boss on TLC? I love that show! I can't wait for you to have your little mini! You're such a cute little pregnant girl.