Wednesday, August 25, 2010

i took the plunge

I have been wanting to cut my hair...oh, since I started growing it out. I made a deal with myself that I could cut it as soon as I reached a certain goal. I've almost reached it--I call it good enough anyway.

One problemo: Michael likes my long hair. For the first time in my life, I felt guilty about cutting my hair. I guess I came home one too many times with short hair without telling Michael where I was going. For example, I was sitting on the couch after I got my faux hawk cut, circa 2008. The first words out of his mouth as he walked through the front door was, "What did you do?!" I haven't done that to the poor boy since. But my hair was insanely cute, and I'd do it again if my face ever decides to skinny it on up.

Straw #1. I hate sleeping on long hair.

Straw #2. Scarlett's knew thing is rubbing her face in my shoulder and lovingly adding boogers to my newly laundered outfit and freshly washed hair.

Straw #3. Scarlett likes to keep a death grip on my hair.

Straw #4. It's hot.

Straw #5. I never do my hair anymore. Right up into a ponytail.

Straw #Last. My hair has been falling out by the handfuls since July, and I am sick of cleaning the bathroom floor after every time I do my hair.


No, no. This is not my bathroom floor. Although it
is a pretty close competitor. This is all the hair I got lopped off...after Michael convinced me to get it cut--or more or less chased me around trying to chop my hair off with a pair of Kitchenaid scissors so I would have to go get it cut because he was sick of me asking every two seconds, "Can I get my hair cut?" I have such a great husband.

What?

You wanted to see my hair?!

Muahahahaha!


6 comments:

Jordan & Heather Wong said...

girl what the heck this is such a mean joke where is the pic of ur hair

r said...

Mike was easy on you...When I cut my hair short My Mike put a baseball cap on my head and shouted "No more parachutes Doctor Jones!" (ref. Shortround in Indiana Jones)

Jamie said...

I love it :) It's so cute...oh wait...

post the pics will ya!?!?!

Kinsey and Dustin said...

Mean! I guess I'll just have to stay in suspense until Sunday. Can't wait to see it though- and i do need to see pictures of the faux hawk, you rebel you!

Marianne said...

I like the new sub-title to the blog "ERY with and S." Sounds all too familiar. And good job on the hair. No woman should ever have to have boogery, thinning, constantly pulled hair if she doesn't want to!

Francesca said...

I totally understand! I'm getting an expensive cut soon after ponytailing it for the last nine months. At first Justin didn't really like short hair either, but now he loves it.