Wednesday, January 12, 2011

better out than in i always say

Scarlett has now been on land longer than in the womb. She's a whopping 9 months old. Crazy. (I was pregnant for that long!? Blech...) I've traded in my baby that smelled like milk, powder, and sometimes spit up for a baby that reaks of Cheerio's, graham crackers, and "ew is that you!" And I love her all the more for it.

Here's some pictures for your enjoyment.




And, of course, I save the best for last. Don't mind the dirty laundry hamper...or the neked bum.

*Scarlett loves shoes, cell phones, paper, and our stairs. She can climb the whole staircase.
*She loves attention. She's probably the most smiley baby you'll ever meet--and she'll ham it up as much as possible. Usually before we leave any restaurant she has caught the attention of at least 3 other tables.
*Scarlett hates getting dressed.
*Last month her thing was trying to scream as high pitched as she could go until her voice broke out. This month it is saying "dadadadadadada" in a pitch only dogs can register.
*Usually only takes one nap. She decided this at 8 months old. What the heck?! In one way it's pretty nice...but in others not so much...
*She eats SOOO many Cheerio's with those 2 tiny teeth she has.
*Loves playing peek-a-boo with the baby on the Gerber food jar. She got a little confused when I fed her out of a Beechnut jar (there's no baby on that one).
*Oh man, Little adores Elmo. She sits through most of Sesame Street and definitely sits through Elmo's world.  What? I am a horrible mom for letting my 9 month old watch TV? Judge me all you want.

I am horrible at keeping up with monthly updates. Here's Scarlett at 8 months.


Yup. All growed up and everything.

5 comments:

Brian and Michelle said...

She is sooo cute! It seems like it just gets more fun from here! (We haven't quite hit terrible 2's yet, so I may amend this comment later.)

Kinsey and Dustin said...

She's adorable! I love how smiley she is! Maybe she can come over for a little Sesame Street/Cheerios party sometime?!

Sonja said...

She is cute, for sure. Wanted to mention that Jamie's and my blog won't update anymore on yours because they are private now, so when you get a minute be sure to check them out. Can't wait to see all of you in June. That should be a real party!

Jamie said...

Oh, my my! Why do I just wanna eat her? She is too cute Julie! I can't wait to meet her in June :) She'll be a big one-year-old!

Perkes Family said...

She is so adorable!