Sunday, October 16, 2011

I've been counting down to this for a long time.

Scarlett went to nursery at church today! And I went to class! I seriously waited 5 minutes to make sure she wouldn't freak out and then left. It was wonderful.

I was super excited to be able to sit through and be able to listen to an entire lesson. Although Scarlett's attention span is getting longer, I'm afraid that mine has now dwindled to nothing. I didn't know what to do with my hands since I was so used to waving "come back" or reaching for a book or luring with grapes. I also need to start bringing my scriptures again. They were just safer at home rather than within the reach of a squirrely toddler. Plus, they always ended up open on the chair next to me, which I never really sat in anyway.

I think this is one of my favorite stages (right next to 4-6 month olds). She is just so funny. And she knows it.

Scarlettisms at 18 months:

*Scarlett loves to "help" me cook dinner. This usually entails standing on a step stool, putting things in bowls, spilling things on the floor, and a lot of me saying, "Oh no! Stop!"

*Scarlett will not play outside by herself. She will not play with her toys by herself until someone comes to play with her. She will be your mirror.



*She loves rearranging my pantry. Or maybe we shop at Costco too much? I have to throw out any boxes or the whole pantry will be emptied. (p.s. You like our new tile? I DO!! Ha...anything to draw your attention away from my "super organized" pantry.)

 *I tried to list all the words Scarlett knows and it was over 50. Don't worry, I won't list them for you. On top of that she will parrot just about anything you say.

*Her favorite word is  "no". If she is holding snacks and you look at her (no matter how far away you are), she will pull her snacks away from you and say, "Nooooo!" If you use her chair as a foot rest, be prepared to have your feet pushed off with a loud "NO!" followed up by a pretty good grimace.

*She likes her pink boots. Don't try to make her wear other shoes if she finds those.

*Scarlett loves to dance. It almost seems like an involuntary reflex sometimes.

*She makes an awesome funny face.

*She does have a Chiropractor Daddy. And no, she hasn't been weaned off bottles yet. Only for nap and bed time though...it's the only time she really cuddles...okay....I'm really the one that needs weaning.

(This picture was taken right after we moved in --hence the table, our backs were sore-- 
excuse our mess. Seriously, who takes pictures when they move! It's so disgusting.)

*Elmo is king. Cure for a bad day: Elmo. Cure for not wanting to eat: Elmo. Cure for my sanity: Elmo.

*Scarlett is not ready to be potty trained. I am not willing to pick up poop off the floor....yet.

We definitely like having our little shadow around. I almost feel a little naked when she's not by my side.

3 comments:

Daniel and Chelsea said...

Scarlett is getting so big! Well at least you haven't had to clean smeared poop off of the windows, walls, carpets, and bedding yet! I hope you never have too! It was great talking to you the other day. Oh and I love the new place from what I can see. Enjoy your nice weather for me as well as we had to scrape our car window this morning!

the Dunkleys said...

Haha, I had the same problem once Niko went to nursery. I didn't know what to do with myself....oh yeah...how about listen to the lesson?! It's a nice feeling though to know they get to have fun too!

Jordan & Heather Wong said...

hahaha she is soo cute! and 18months is the start of the best stage they get soo funny after this age just wait!! we miss u guys and hope all is well