Tuesday, October 11, 2011

This marks one month.

Day 1 (Sunday, Sept 11). Unload all our crap into our house.

Day 2. Sit and veg and do nothing after driving for 2 days and moving all our crap.

Day 3. Michael tears out tile/linoleum. Pick out tile and bring it home.

Day 4. Rent tile saw and get to work! Scarlett gets acquainted with Grandma. 

Day 5. "Finish" tile and return saw with 34 seconds to spare before we go over our 24 hour rental period.

Day 6 (Fri). Leave for St. George and get Benja's take-out for dinner. Mmmmm.

Day 7. Arrive in Logan, UT just in time for Tai and Corey's wedding.

Day 8. Drive to Star Valley.

Day 9-13. Enjoy a week of family, fishing, late night movies, four-wheeling, bon fires with saw dust craziness, chasing chickens, going to see the "hor-hees", and going for rides on the dirt bike.

Day 14. Drive back to Las Vegas.

Day 15. Grout enough of the tile to put in toilets and appliances. 

I'm surprised you're still reading...

Day 16. Michael starts work! But we still hadn't "moved in"...we still don't have toilets mind you. Day 16-18 we stay at my parents', Michael goes to work and I go over to our house to unpack.

Day 19 (Thurs. Sept 29). We finally spend the night in our house!

Day 20-27. Enjoy conference and unpack unpack unpack.

Day 28 (Oct 8). TILE IS COMPLETELY DONE!! Scarlett's bathroom was the last bit.

Day 29. We actually show up at our own ward for the first time.

Day 30. All tile has been grouted!

Day 31. Scarlett has a toilet in her bathroom! Not that she uses it yet, but it's nice to have another option other than the master bathroom.

And tomorrow...aaaa tomorrow...

This ranch-eating monkey turns 18 months old...and gets to go to nursery next Sunday!


5 comments:

Daniel and Chelsea said...

Ummm, crazy month!! Also, Crazy that Scarlett can go to Nursery! How did these kids get so old? Hope you are enjoying your new place and the toilets! Miss ya!

Jordan & Heather Wong said...

im so happy u are in vegas!! next time i am in town we for sure have to play! i love ur little girl she is such a doll and i cannot believe that she will be 18months! where does the time go?!

Shannon said...

The "I can't believe you're still reading" cracked me up. I've been waiting for an update! Just need some pics now! Toilets are so exciting! :)

Brandon said...

I don't like it when you post pictures in tuxedo. It makes me sad. I'm not sure I'll get used to the 2 mile distance. How lame am I? lol!

Valerie said...

Glad you guys made it, I love the ranch picture and Cindy Lou hair, she is simply adorable!