Thursday, September 25, 2008

Liar Liar Pants on Fire

So I lied. We're not moving today after all. The 12 hour journey has been postponed to Tuesday, because we found an apartment! Hooray! We've been wanting to rent in the same complex as Devin (Michael's friend who's also going to WSCC) but nothing has been available. As soon as we made our plans to go up early, they call and change our plans! --For the better of course.

I also finished my quilt! Thanks to Deanne (mother-in-law)! She let me use her sewing machine to finish the binding. I made a king size one for our queen bed, because Michael tends to be a blanket hog (although he claims I give him the covers).

This is the front. I designed the pattern, which turned out to be a pain in the butt with the quilt being so big. It also makes an optical illusion that it's not square, but it's square--I promise.


This is the back. It's harder than you think to make something look random. I also mixed up a few blocks when putting it together and there ended up being three black squares right in a row! Grr. Oh, well. If I hadn't told you, you might not have noticed....

2 comments:

Ashley said...

cute quilt! i bet it took forever!!!

Little Megs said...

Oh Julie, you're so dang talented!!