But I haven't been able to sit down and a read a fiction book from cover to cover since high school. The combination of not having any time during college (taking 18 credits a semester, doing both Michael's and my laundry (at a laundromat), preparing both our lunches, and cooking dinner almost every night) and that fact that all you do in college is read kind of turned me off to wanting to read in my spare time. I have about 3 books I have started time and time again, but have not finished them.
I am also not really all that hyped about Stephenie Meyer (or Harry Potter, etc.). When you hear these names more than people you actually know...it gets quite annoying. Anyway, I have to confess that I got so bored in Wyoming that I broke down and read The Host by Stephenie Meyer.

And I actually finished it this week! The verdict: it was good. Not amazing or life changing, but good for passing the time. And if you're the philosophical type, it makes you really think about what makes us human, and what would be ethical if something were to come bodysnatch us.
2 comments:
Brian listened to the audio book of The Host and I think he liked it as well. I heard little bits and pieces of it a few times when he was listening to it without headphones.
I have been the same way when it comes to reading fiction -- I just never had or made the time for it. Until recently, that is, when my friend convinced me to start reading the books for the RS Book Club. So far I've read two (and one sequel) and I've enjoyed them!
I love that book!! its soo good!! i know im due for a post i will get that done soon!!
Post a Comment