Thursday, October 9, 2008

So I do a little shoplifting...

So, as you know Michael and I bought new couches (pictures soon I promise...I just want to get everything put away before I take pictures). We also wanted a coffee table and something a little sturdier to put the TV on. Something inexpensive and can also be used as something else later on if we ever get the chance to build our own stuff back in Wyoming (which is way cheaper for our taste in furniture. We can't bring ourselves to pay for vanier covered chipboard when we have relatives with a cabinet shop).

Someone suggested IKEA. Why didn't I think of that? Well, after getting lost in the store, trying not to get distracted by such cute furniture, and making mental notes of how I could do curtains, we picked out these guys.

A side table (which we are currently using as a coffee table) and a coffee table (that is holding up our TV). We found the DIY sets, plopped them in our cart, and checked out. To Do List: get TV stand...CHECK.

But too bad I had to go make a fool of myself at IKEA today to bring back the second side table we picked up on accident and didn't ring up at the self checkout. oops.

2 comments:

LAYTON FAMILY said...

Julie,
This is SOOO funny...FOR REALS I just said to my sister in Vancouver, "I need to remember to tell Julie Nishimoto (I know, I know) that they have IKEA in Portland. I bet it's right up her alley!" For reals, I said that! I'm glad you found it and so jealous that we don't have it here.

Gayle said...

Julie, I can so relate to the relatives having a cabinet shop thing and a husband who has built furniture! Brian can hardly bring himself to buy furniture when he knows he could build it so much more better and sturdier himself... if only we had the cabinet shop!