Friday, October 10, 2008

My Dearest Michael


I found these books while packing up to move. The "do-it-yourself handyman encyclopedia" and the "how it works science and invention encyclopedia". This does not surprise me at all, but made me laugh so hard! These are like Michael's life guidebooks; they explain him inside and out.

He admitted these were one of the first books he actually read...or attempted to read and just looked at the pictures. I should've also taken a picture of one of Michael's first "inventions"--a popscicle splitter...you know, for the conjoined kind. He hasn't changed much since then, just dreams bigger. =)

I am thinking this genius inventor/DIY thing runs in your genes. These were once Brian's (Michael's brother's) books--and Brian's son (hopefully I heard this story right, Gayle) used to read the vaccuum manual. Hmm...maybe one of our kids will "inherit the gene".

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Yes, definitely a Humpherys gene thing! Makes me laugh, too, but I must say I am really glad I have a "handyman" husband. You remembered the story right -- McKay devoured both the vacuum cleaner manual and the "how-to" video tape we got. He loves to figure out how stuff works, just like his dad.