Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ooooo...aaaaaa.......

I noticed as I scrolled through my blog that there's only one picture for that last SEVERAL posts! Ew! It must be super lame to read...and actually, Michael said that he doesn't read posts that don't have pictures. So, this time there're pictures! Yay!

I really want curtains for our sliding glass doors, but that's a bigger project than I am willing to conquer at the moment. This week I started small and made a valence/curtain thingy for my over-the-sink window. Dun dun na naaaa!!!


I really wanted a full length 2 curtain type deal, but as I measured my material I would have had to piece some of it together and that would look stupid. So, I opted for the shorter and simpler.


I got this material out to make cushions for our chairs (yay! we got chairs for our table after 2 years of marriage!). Michael didn't like it--the material, that is. I loved it. And had to use it. So, we compromised. I obviously made a curtain instead. I'm going to make cushions out of the polka dot material I used for the tabs.

Gorgeous, I know.


And those pots in the window sill are for looks...and for my window garden! Here is my cute acorn squash.
One of the gnomes, Daibhi, striking a pose...told you they are all about the women folk. Corley is still MIA. Also got some flat leaf parsley going on in the yellow tea pot.Thanks for visiting my kitchen! Come back any time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your valance! The fabric is way cute and I'm loving the large buttons.