Thursday, January 14, 2010

i am such a retard.


Part of my morning routine is putting in my contacts. Not a hard task, until this morning.

I put both in, but the left contact was being stubborn. I take it out, solution it up and put it back in. I blink a couple times and my vision isn't quite right. I clear the fog off the mirror and look in my left eye to find NO contact.

Crap.

It must have fell on the floor.

I get down and search for the tiny hint of blue to find absolutely nothing. I search desperately even harder. I try to put off opening new contacts, because I need to go get a new prescription, which requires making an appointment, and my toric lenses aren't as cheap as the normal kind. Plus, my eyes are two different prescriptions, so to avoid the awkward "only one contact left in the box" situation I would need to open a whole new pair of contacts.


I realize that the one blurry eye and the other clear eye was slowing up the contact expedition, so I take out my right one.

Still no luck.

I face the fact that the little contact was gone and go to open a new pair. UGH! Fine! As I'm looking for the contact box I see that my vision still isn't equally blurry as it should be without contacts in. Actually, as I wink each eye over and over, I deduce that my right eye is amazingly more clear than my left. What?

I look in the mirror again. There is still a contact in my right eye...but there is also a one in my contact case...that I also took out of my right eye!!

Ah! Lo and behold, I had never really ever lost a contact at all! I just put both in one eye....and didn't realize it...nice...

6 comments:

Marisha said...

been there. done that. i'm a dork too. (:

LAYTON FAMILY said...

welcome to pregnant brain syndrome. don't worry...it doesn't actually go away after you give birth. next they suck out all your brain cells and deprive you of sleep for 18 years. then when they finally go away to college you're old.

Jordan & Heather Wong said...

hahahah that is the funnest thing ever!! you know i never fully understand this statement until i got pregnant but your brain literally drops to your belly! lol hope all is well!

Jamie said...

True about the pregnancy brain. Those darn kids just suck the smart and sensible out of us! That's really funny Julie!

Francesca said...

Haha, wow that is hilarious! Can't say I've ever done that...knock on wood.

Rebecca Leigh Hall said...

I have totally done that before!! I mean really, how do you put two in one eye and not notice? I freaked out and looked around forever trying to find it. Don't worry you are just as sane as me.....if that means anything. :)