I think I was more productive on bed rest. I couldn't just sit, watch movies, and read all day--I did my fair share. For some odd reason, I needed to feel like I was getting something accomplished after going into labor. What was I thinking? I decided that sewing was a very low key activity. I made a list and got quite a bit done.
Reversible car seat tent/canopy thing using this tutorial. Michael picked out the fabric. Actually I was going to use another fabric that I had on hand that was cute, girly, and blue to match the car seat (that we ordered the weekend we got home from the hospital). I didn't have enough to make the pattern go the way I wanted. I didn't want to use the fabric I did, but Michael liked it better, and now I like it better too.
And what the heck...matching burp cloths! It all turned out matching (kind of) by default...I couldn't go to the store, and this is what fabric I had the most of!






Flannel burp cloths. I really like these, because it makes those birds eye weaved diapers more rectangular rather than skiwampy shaped.
I started this quilt a while ago, did the top in Wyoming (before we moved to Oregon), added the fuzzy backing when we moved here, and finished the hand quilting on bed rest! It even has her name on it...hopefully we won't change our minds...
Elastic booties. I liked these until Michael asked if our baby was going to have duck feet. I think they have potential...needs a flower or some ribbon...or something...
These were much easier, and, in my opinion, much cuter.
All sewed out for now. I have a few things left on my list, but they might have to wait until Baby gets here, after which I will no longer have time to leisurely sew...hmmm....
8 comments:
Cute projects! They all turned out so good. I love the quilt. Is it quilted with thick thread?
I believe it is called 'nesting'! These are all amazing! Cute booties!!
too cute!
Sheesh girl! Can we say "nesting"?! Ha ha! That stuff is adorable. I need to go look for fabric soon! I love the little booties too! I can't wait for your little princess to be born!
I love all of it! So cute makes me want to learn how to sew
pff nesting. We don't even have a crib!! haha. I believe it's called "our baby will be here any time now..." or "I have nothing better to do since I was put on bed rest".
Marianne: I just used regular, all-purpose thread. I threaded the needle, took both ends and tied them into one knot so it ends up being doubled (in comparison to using a machine). Hope that makes sense...
p.s. don't worry...we have a bassinet...she'll have a comfy place to sleep..
It's all very cute and cozy! (I just hope Sally doesn't get converted to sewing/quilting so I'm not the only Humpherys girl left behind in the dust of all the fabulously talented ones.) :-)
Babe. These are so cute! You are like a sewing fiend, and GOOD at it... this coming from a woman who loves to cook and sew, but they all come out a little bit more functional than amazing.
BTW When the heck did you get pregnant!!!
Post a Comment