Tuesday, February 15, 2011

doting? maybe just a little.

Disclaimer: This is a Scarlett-heavy/text-heavy post. You know...those ones I do more for me than for you. I won't be offended if you don't read it, if your not offended I didn't write this for you.


T minus 2 months until Miss Little turns one. That's right, Scarlett is 10 months old. (It's also been a year since I went into pre-term labor.)

Scarlett loves making faces. She'll go from sad-furrowed-brow-face to eyebrows-up-surprised-face to scrunchy-eyed-smile-face back to sad-furrowed-brow-face in a 15 second time frame and it makes me laugh every time. She is full of expressions, and loves trying them all out.


She's kind of bossy, and she refuses to clap. I've seen her do it before, but she finds absolutely no interest in the widely accepted action for cheering. Instead she will take both of my hands and clap my hands together. Rather than clap, she'll move her hands in an oober girly fashion. If she squeezes her hands into fists--she is really excited.

She blows kisses!

She likes to make her sock monkey play peek-a-boo. She covers it's face with it's hands...you know how peek-a-boo goes...then gives a shockingly convincing surprised face as if she had no idea the monkey was there.

My favorite new thing (besides her deciding to finally take 2 naps a day): she'll do something funny, and then she'll laugh at herself. She's also becoming quite the social laugher.



In and out, open and close is the game of everyday. Diapers in the bag, diapers out. Door open, door closed. Spoon in the bowl, spoon out. Drawers open, fingers smashed. Fridge opens, fridge closes and Scarlett is extremely offended. Wipes out, toilet paper off the roll, and towels on the floor.


Scarlett is mostly bottle fed now. Breastfeeding was no longer creating a healthy relationship. And she's gained at least a pound, if not more, in the past 2 weeks, which far beats the almost pound she gained between 6 and 9 months.


She's getting closer and closer to walking. I don't think she'll actually walk until a year though. Fingers crossed.

Lemon juice doesn't even faze her. She actually quite likes it. I keep trying to get her to pull a face, but she ends up liking whatever I give her. She even refused to give me back a slice of onion I gave her.

We are back to cloth diapering. We took a short hiatus over Christmas. No one wants to do that on vacation. And I may or may not have bought a never ending supply of diapers from Costco. Plus, she was leaking out during her naps, and I didn't want to double up because she was just too small and the doubled diapers far too large.


Her favorite sound to make is "ba". But it's not just a simple "ba". She either throws her head back while saying it or moves her whole head like a chicken.

Oh Scarlett. 10 months down, an eternity to go.

8 comments:

Kinsey and Dustin said...

A.DOR.A.BLE!

Brandon and Bethany said...

I thought I would share what Chandler had to say about your post..
"Scarlett naked with her toys."
"Scarlett pulled all the wipes out. Bad Scarlett."
"That's not Scarlett." (Yeah, I don't know)
"She's my girl fiend."

Way to get old Scarlett!

r said...

These blogs are great...Makes me feel like I haven't missed a thing. BTW, Scarlett is exactly how Julie was at this age, but by this time Mom had switched completely to disposable diapers.

Brian and Michelle said...

Scarlett is SOOOO cute! (And I really don't say that unless it's true!)

I'm wondering about your cloth diaper experience. Going to try with this next one. Tried a little with Camden, but had issues. What do you use, and how does it all work for you?
marchant_m@yahoo.com

Little said...

I clap.

Whatever.

I do what I want.

Alana Tolley said...

Give her a pickle to suck on. That vinegar taste usually produces a funny looking face!

Crystal said...

Cannot believe Scarlet is almost 1. It goes bye so fast. She is cute as ever.

Francesca said...

Wow, almost one! Love the picture of her in the laundry basket. I think she's starting to look like you a little.