A few weeks ago it was sunny! This may not be a huge deal to most of you, but here in Portland if it is ever sunny between October and April it's cause for celebration.
So, celebrate we did.
We grilled with our neighbors--hamburgers, steaks, hot dogs. It was awesome. Any amount of warmth disappeared with the sun, but the grill must go on! Sun or no sun...the fact that it wasn't raining was amazing. Michael and I personally grilled fillet mignon just to find out if all the extra dough was worth it. It is.
This all happened weeks ago.
I recently found myself wandering all 10 square feet of our kitchen asking myself, "Where did my tongs go?" "Where did my bread pan go?" "Where did our grill go?" Oh yeah, it's still in our neighbor's backyard.
As I started to wash the marinade out of our glass dish I thought, "Hmm. I don't remember putting mushrooms in here. That's weird." I quickly dismissed the thought and continued to fill it with water. I swished away and picked off one of the many mushrooms off the bottom...to find that
it
wasn't
a
mushroom
It was a shriveled slug.
5 comments:
I hear slugs are about as tasty as mushrooms anyway.
Yuck! Note to self: don't eat anything Julie has put in a "marinade".
But seriously...what did you do? Throw them outside? Kill them and wash them down the sink? What if they didn't actually die, and s l o w l y made them way back up your drain pipe...spooky!
In France that's called escargo...or something! Ha! Nasty though!!
welcome to the NW! My kids love to tell anyone that will listen all about the time in high school that I licked a slug on a dare. I don't recommend it.
I am convinced: portland equals soggy purgatory!
Post a Comment