Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Wyoming: Part I

These days we only make it up to Michael's parents' house in Star Valley about once a year. It's never enough, so we have to cram a bunch in in just a few days! 

I freaked when I saw that the highs were going to be in the 50's with lows in the 30's. (Our lows in Vegas hadn't even reached the 70's). Thursday in Wyoming I don't think it even made it out of the 30's! So glad I bought August a coat at the last minute! 

We rode the horses. Scarlett would not get off. "Can I have one-a dees? We get a horsie?" Michael finally told her the horses had to take a nap and she couldn't be on it when it layed down.

And of course the trampoline was endless fun. August never could get up with all the kids jumping around, but he kind of preferred it that way! I had him jump by himself and it wasn't near as much fun.

Laughing at the chickens. And becoming brave enough to chase them.

"Where'd they go??"

No comment....

Michael had taken August for a motorbike ride earlier that day, found it while chasing chickens, and got really upset when I wouldn't take him. Michael took him up to the tractors and he loved them. He circled one 3 times looking for a way to get up into it. Such a little boy.

The infamous rope swing. 

And more motorbike rides.

I love having a place like "Gwamma and Gwampa's" house to visit. Scarlett played all day with cousins,  picked Grandma's flowers (oops), and had to wear her pink rain boots everywhere! It was a kid's paradise.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that place. You take such pretty pictures, Julie!

Mel said...

oh my goodness all of these photos look like theyre from a magazine! you are so talented1

Francesca said...

Everyone's already said it, but I agree: awesome photography!

Teresa said...

I love that picture of August by the old truck. I wish I were a better photographer and had cool pictures of my kids like this!