Friday, February 27, 2009

So....I am pretty freakin' awesome.

Food Network has nothing on me! You wanna know why? Because I won the Western Club BAKE OFF! TWICE! Yeeeaaaaaaah.

Aaaa...I'm a dork. When Michael told me there was going to be a bake off, I got really excited. Seriously, I spend a lot of my day looking up recipes and altering old ones. It's kind of an obsession. Hmm you can spell 'obese' from the letters in 'obsession'. Right away he told me I should make my apple pie. So, I did. Then, I figured since there were three categories (and a first place winner for each) I should enter in more than one--up my chances of winning. I made white chocolate raspberry cheesecake for the cake category. Who doesn't like cheesecake? 400 calories per serving (1/16 of a cake!)! YUM!!

My winnings were $100! Booyah. I was listening in when the pie judge was doing his thing...and he said, "It's all about the crust." I HAVE AMAZING CRUST!! In your face!

I am happy. But those other wives that just got T-shirts for getting second I'm sure aren't very happy.

6 comments:

Francesca said...

Woohoo! I didn't know you were such a great baker!

Jordan & Heather Wong said...

haha im so excited for u!! that way amazing because u know that for those moms cooking is their live!! congrats sweetie

Gayle said...

That's awesome! And please do share your pie crust recipe -- or any great tips -- because my crusts never turn out very good.

Jamie said...

Way to go! Ever since you brought dessert to dinner that one time, I completely agree that you are one amazing baker! Good job girl!

Megan and Doug Albright said...

Julie, that is amazing, to this day I still cannot get my crust right, what is your secret? Congrats, you need to be in young women's, and teach all the girls to be bakers like you!

Little Megs said...

Ok, every time I read your posts about cooking I feel entirely inadequate. Thanks jerk!