We've been settling in the last couple of days, unpacking, hanging out with the neighbors, and even bought new couches! We've had this one green love seat (which I really like), but we couldn't find another couch to match it. We desperately needed more seating...it was always awkward when home teachers would come over--we'd pull out our office chairs or table chairs so everyone would have place to sit. Anywho, pictures will be coming soon.
Our couches are very similar to this set...just imagine it in couch and loveseat form.I am really liking Portland so far. Our neighbors, who are also LDS and starting chiropractic school, are really nice. Several of them helped us move in and others even came knocking on our door to meet us and introduce themselves! I was impressed. Not even in Wyview, where everyone in the complex is in your ward, would people introduce themselves. They seem like nice people.
I have also been tagged, so here it goes!
10 YEARS AGO I...
1. was a huge trouble maker
2. thought every boy I liked could possibly be my future husband (thank goodness they aren't!)
3. spent more time on the phone than doing my homework
4. never matched my socks because I thought it was a waste of time
5. was first chair for flute in band (this matches so well with #1, huh?)
FIVE THINGS ON MY TO DO LIST FOR TODAY/TOMORROW...
1. unpack more boxes
2. job hunt
3. switch over the power to our name
4. feed Penny
5. feed Michael
FIVE SNACKS THAT I ENJOY...
1. grapes
2. cheese (NOT nasty cheese or cheese product)
3. Dove chocolate
4. Avacado sandwiches (toast, avacado, garlic, salt)
5. smoothies
FIVE THINGS I WOULD DO IF I WERE A MILLIONAIRE...
1. Buy a house (too predictable, huh?) with an awesome kitchen
2. Pay off our student loans we just took out (woohoo, we made it until post-bachelor's to take these out...) and pay for the rest of Michael's schooling
3. Visit Romanian orphanages for an extended period of time/change someone's life
4. Buy some llamas and sheep, of course...who wouldn't?
5. Go to culinary school
FIVE PLACES I HAVE LIVED...
1. Woodbridge, VA
2. Tokyo, Japan
3. Las Vegas, NV
4. Provo, UT
5. Thayne, WY
FIVE JOBS I HAVE HAD
1. Custodial for KBYU (seriously one of the funnest jobs I've had)
2. Jello's wedding photographer
3. Dad's "secretary"
4. Home builder (...doing random stuff on that house we built and sold in Thayne)
5. Invitation/Announcement designer
I tag you.
2 comments:
Not worry...the sun will probably come out in July & August. Get some cute hats!
Glad you made it there safely! Hope the unpacking goes well and you start feeling settled soon.
Post a Comment